Want to read more about the benefits of service-learning for language study?
- Hellebrant, Josef, Jonathan Arries, Lucía Verona, eds. Juntos Community Partnerships in Spanish and Portuguese: AATSP Professional Development Series Handbook Volume V. Boston: Heinle, 2004. Print.
- Lafford, Barbara, Annie R. Abbott, and Darcy Lear. "Spanish in the Professions and in the Community in the US" Journal of Spanish Language Teaching 1.2 (2014): 171-186. http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/23247797.2014.970361#.VNpEJb...
- *Very good bibliography on Community Service Learning
- Lear, Darcy W., and Annie R. Abbott. “Foreign Language Professional Standards and CSL: Achieving the 5 C’s.” Michigan Journal of Community Service-Learning (Spring 2008): 76-86. Print.
- Thompson, Gregory. Intersection of Service and Learning: Research and Practice in the Second Language Classroom. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing, 2012. Print.
- Tilley-Lubbs, Griselda. "Service-Learning and Foreign-Language Teacher Education" Hispania 87.1 (2004):132-134. http://www.jstor.org/stable/20063011
- Wurr, Adrian J. and Josef Hellebrandt, eds. Learning the Language of Global Citizenship: Service-Learning in Applied Linguistics. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Co., 2007. Print.
- Syllabi for Foreign Language Courses
- Program Models of Service-Learning in Foreign Languages
- Program Models for Mentoring and Tutoring
- Modules Supporting Latino Service-Learning from the University of Georgia's Office of Service-Learning
- How Do We Increase Empathy? NYT Op-Ed by Nicholas Kristof